Interior view (looking NW) of
new pumping room built in 1921 as it appeared in 1980. In the right foreground is #1 low
service pump built in 1897 and installed at McNeill in 1898. It was
not moved during the construction of this room in 1921. Beyond is the
5mgd Worthington-Snow cross-compound, duplex crank-and-flywheel engine
built in 1920. Behind the Worthington is an 8mgd Allis-Chalmers engine
of the same configuration. It was built in 1911, but not installed at
McNeill until 1927.